The roof is the first line of defense against the natural calamities. It saves the premises from the unwanted things that are brought by nature such as wind, dirt, and dust, rain, hail, storm, etc. So while developing the structure of the roof, the architect must be meticulous. Improper installation can create a lot of problems for the people who are residing in the house.
Nowadays, different kinds of materials are available in the market that can be used for roofing. Different roofing materials have a different lifespan. So, while deciding the ideal roofing material, one should always have detailed information about the type of content that will be used for roofing and also about its lifespan.
What is Architectural Roofing?
The roof helps to keep the house and its people in a safe condition. Architectural roofing helps to give the house an appropriate look that the owner wants. The modern materials are used in such kind of roofing, to offer a fantastic exterior, and it also helps to fulfill the basic needs of securing the house as well.
The professionals who deal with such type of roofing should have a vast knowledge and experience in installing a perfect roof according to the choice of the clients. They should keep some essential points in mind while dealing with modern materials.
Things to be kept in mind while Roofing
There are a few things that must always be kept in mind while installing architectural roofing. Some of them are:
- The installation of the architectural roofing is costly. So the owner should have complete information about the material used for roofing.
- The owner should have a decent idea about the cost of maintenance of the equipment used. He should also know about the cost of repairs for the materials.
- He should be aware of the appearance of the house after the selected material is used.
Few mistakes that can be avoided while Roofing
Often a few common mistakes occur while installing the architectural roofing, which might finally affect the outcome. Here is a list of some commonly made mistakes that can easily be avoided if people are a little bit more careful.
- Defective installation – often, while installing the architectural roofing, people install either wrong shingles or overlap the new shingles over the old ones. It can be costly as it might lower down the roof and create many other problems. So while installing the shingles, one should not install it over the old ones.
- Incautious nail work – This is one of the most dangerous things that need to be avoided while installing new roof shingles. The nails are also required to be taken to the appropriate length. Often nails are also driven in the wrong way, and it might arise different problems such as leakage, etc. which might again become very expensive to repair.
- Faulty flashing – Flashing of a roof helps to drain away all the rainwater from the roof. Often, the installer makes a mistake while installing the flashing in the roof which leads to enormous damages as the water is not allowed to pass properly from the roof which might again lead to a significant amount of damages.
- Installation of unlike roof shingles – The roof being one of the essential parts of a house requires proper attention. It makes the house look beautiful. So mismatched roof shingles should never be used. It makes the roof look strange. So the roof shingles must be purchased from a single dealer and of the same type. Different types of materials will not give the desired appearance of the house.
It is imperative to call for a proper roof installer for installing the architectural roofing. The inexperienced and unskilled installer might create a lot of problems which can lead to damages in the roof and again requires repairs. Therefore, the owner and the architect must be very cautious while installing the roof.