Dental implants in Poland are safe for pregnant women
Dental implants are safe to install at any stage of life, but the pregnant woman must take into consideration some facts.
- As you probably experienced, pregnant women suffer from hormonal changes because of estrogen level changes, which is why women are more likely to have oral infections. It may result in gum bleeding, tooth decay, gum infections, or other gum diseases. In case all of that issues are not controlled, it may lead to loss of teeth or some infections. In case of implantation, any infection in the mouth must be treated immediately with antibiotics, as any infection around the implant will result in the loss of implants.
- The dental implant procedure is recommended to perform after the second trimester, just to protect baby
- Dental implant procedures include the performance of X-ray and CT scans; the best would be taking them before pregnancy time. The radiation from X-rays is very small, but it is still advised to avoid X-rays / CT scans while the pregnancy period
- Another concern is anesthetic; studies show that local anesthetic is safe during pregnancy. In some cases, a general anesthetic is requested (by the patient) or suggested (by the doctor); general anesthetic might be risky for pregnant women and babies. Most of gynecologists do not advise undergoing a general anesthetic while pregnant, only in emergencies
- A tricky issue is stress; as you know, pregnant women should avoid stress, and high blood pressure, which may affect the baby. Dental implant procedures might be stressful and painful; such situations should be limited while being pregnant.
Just to sum up, you can safely go ahead with dental implants after your second trimester. However, you must be aware of all risks. The best would be consulting your dental treatment with implant logy and gynecologist, as well.
If possible, go forward with dental implant surgery after your pregnancy
Dental implant surgery is a very safe procedure, however, mostly it is suggested to wait for the delivery. That way dentist is completely sure that any complication will not harm your baby health. What is more, it is also very beneficial for future mothers, as they may concentrate on themselves and may avoid any risks or complications. It is better to focus on the baby and giving birth. 9 months is a short period of time; for sure, you can wait with implants. In the meantime, pregnant women are typically given the green light for routine dental treatments, such as crowns, fillings, or root canal treatments. But each dental treatment should be performed by a well-experienced doctor who is aware that you are pregnant. That is very crucial information for any dentist.
Tips on preparing for dental implants in Poland after birth
As you can check, waiting for dental implants is recommended and suggested. But every patient may prepare for the dental implant procedure. Below you may find some tips which you should follow:
- Keep good oral hygiene – brushing teeth twice daily, flossing, and using mouthwash.
- In case of morning sickness, it is recommended to rinse the mouth after vomiting with mouthwash or with distilled water mixed with baking soda to prevent teeth from acid.
- Follow routine check-up
- Perform teeth cleaning
In conclusion, you may safely perform dental implants while pregnant, but the dentist will require prior discussion and confirmation from your gynecologist. The most important is your and your baby’s health. To check if you are a good candidate for dental implants in Poland, please contact Dental Travel Poland, which will advise you on treatment and its stages.