Blackhead is one of the most skin acne issues everyone can have at any time or age. It makes you feel annoyed and affects both self-esteem and emotion. But have you heard about blackhead removal masks?
Normally, our skin is always renewed, forming dead skin cells. The sebaceous gland secretes sebum. If these waste products are produced in large amounts, they will accompany dirt from the environment to form a plug. The plug will clog the hair follicles, and acne is created. If the pore is open, the plug is oxidized by oxygen from the environment and turns black. Blackhead often appears on the face, especially on the nose skin areas. And if it is not treated timely, it can cause an acne breakout.
What are the factors contributing to blackheads?
Blackheads can appear due to many factors like genes, hormonal changes, stress, improper skin care, allergy, and unhealthy diet.
Black Head Removal Masks
Do you know there are many home remedies for blackhead removal, like a blackhead removal mask, that you can apply to get rid of it faster? In this article, I will recommend the top 5 blackhead removal masks.
1. Blackhead removal mask with clay
Bentonite clay is well known for being rich in minerals and molecules, which can treat many skin problems and purify all impurities and excess oily products. When the clay is wet, it works amazingly to the circulation, helps remove blackheads, and improves skin health and tone.
- To make a mask with clay, mix some clay with 1- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to form a paste.
- Apply it on your blackhead skin areas
- Let it there for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Because this mask might make your skin dry or even irritated, especially when you have sensitive skin, you should apply a moisturizing product after using this remedy.
2. Blackhead removal with egg-white
Egg-white beauty effects have been used all around the world since a long time ago. It contains many protein and albumin that can nourish your skin and helps reduce and draw out oily skin product. It also works as an astringent that can tighten pores, remove and prevent blackhead creation. The egg-white mask is one of the most effective masks for blackhead removal that you should not ignore.
You will need an egg and a small tissue or paper to make the mask.
- Beat the egg and separate the white from the yolk.
- Wash your face with warm water to help the pores enlarge, pat dry and apply the egg white on your affected areas.
- Then you can place the tissue or paper over the first layer of the egg mask or not.
- Wait until the first layer is dry and apply more 2 layers to cover the tissue if you did not place the tissue, you should apply some more layers but remember to let each layer dry before the next one.
- Wait for a few minutes for the mask dry totally; you might need 20- 30 minutes.
- Peel the tissue or the mask off, then wash your face carefully with warm water.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your skin afterward.
- Repeat this remedy twice per week to get a good result.
3. Raw honey for blackhead mask
Honey is a great natural substance that can help remove blackheads. Cause of its antibacterial property and nutrition components, honey can hydrate your skin, tighten hair follicles and eliminate excess sebum.
- The easiest way is to apply raw honey directly on your face, leave it there for 15- 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Alternatively, add 1 teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of milk to form a mixture.
- Heat it in a microwave for a few minutes, then wait until it’s warm and suitable for applying to the skin.
- Place a strip of cotton over the mask, and apply a firmly and lightly pressure using the top of your fingers.
- Wait for 20 minutes or until it is dry, peel it off, and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Do this process 1 to 2 times every week.
4. Baking soda
Baking soda can help your skin eliminate excess sebum, dirt, and dead skin cells, so it’s an effective exfoliation to reduce blackheads and acne formations. It also makes your skin dry and alters the skinny PH; you should not utilize it too often.
How to apply this mask
- Take 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and add some water to form a paste.
- Clean your face and pat it dry.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas.
- Gently massage in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face again with water.
- Moisturize as usual.
Cinnamon can help as an anti-blackhead and anti-acne property. When applied as a mask, it will improve circulation and makes your skin become healthier and glow.
- Mix cinnamon with honey to create a mixture.
- You will need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with some raw honey
- Stir together until you get a paste.
- Apply a thin layer of it to your face.
- Gently but firmly place a cotton strip over the layer, wait until it dries, and peel it off.
- Remove it and rinse your face again.
Alternatively, you can apply the cinnamon-honey paste before you go to bed and let it sit there overnight, then clean it with warm water the next morning.
Above are the top 5 blackhead removal masks that you can take the benefits from natural ingredient, but you might consider which one is the best and appropriate for your skin to get the best results.