Putting on an eyeliner is a hell of a job. If you have not practiced enough, it is going to take you long to perfect it. I kid you not! Keeping your hand steady, using a hands-free mirror, drawing a straight line.It can all be too much for you if you are not a perfectionist! But if you love putting on eyeliner, then the latest trend is all yours. The most recent trend of a bumpy bubble eyeliner is making the rounds on the fashion scene. It is a fun-loving look and gives an edge to your make-up, like never before!
The How-to Basics
This latest trend is to satisfy your inner adventurous soul. Unlike a regular eyeliner, it is rather bumpy, and you don’t need to be a perfectionist to get it done properly. Let us see how you can take this look and pull it off like a star!
Before you start putting on the eyeliner, always use an eyelid primer. Its importance can not be underestimated. An eyelid primer provides a smooth base for your eyeliner and fills in any creases in your eyelid. Another benefit is that it keeps your eye makeup from smudging, later on. So if you want to carry on your eye makeup from day to evening, then an eyelid primer is a must E.L.F and Mary Kay have fantastic eyelid primers to do your job.
- You need a regular eyeliner and an eyeliner gel to perfect your bubble eyeliner. Start off by applying your liquid eyeliner as you regularly do.
- Start from the inner corner of your upper eyelid. Keep your liner tight to the lash line and follow the natural curve of your eye. Do not press the liner, as it will create a thick line which we do not want.
- Move towards the outer corner, and if you want, you can create a little flick.
That is your baseline, and it should be thin and neat. Use a steady hand to draw this line.
- If you are not that confident, use an eye pencil to draw this line and then cover it with eyeliner. It is always easier to rub off eye pencil than an eyeliner.
- Keep a Q-tip, dipped in Vaseline, to clean out any rough edges from your base eyeliner.
- To create the bubble-look, you need a gel eyeliner. Bobbi Brown and M.A.C have excellent gel eyeliners. Both of them are smudge-proof, water resistant and ultra smooth. They glide on just like a regular eyeliner.
- Take some of the gel eyeliner and smudge it on the back of your hand.
Use the hollow end of the cap of your eyeliner and dip it into the gel eyeliner you smudged on your hand.
- Now carefully place this cap along with your lash line, close to the eyeliner, creating a semi-circular outline.
- Move along the lash line, drawing a row of semi-circular outlines, till you reach the end of the lash line. Dip a brush in the gel eyeliner and fill in the bare outlines along your lash line.
- If you want, you can draw a bubble on your outer flick, using the brush.
- Keep your eye closed for at least a minute to let your liner dry off completely.
- You can use a black eye pencil to line your inner, lower rims to give a finished look to your eye.
- Since it is a dramatic look, you can pair it with a beautiful red lipstick and minimal makeup.
- Brush on a layer or two of mascara and voila’, you are ready to turn heads.
The Glitter Look
If you want all eyes on you, suddenly glitter bubble eyeliner is what you need.Follow all the steps of creating the bubbled look. Once the gel liner settles down, add a pop of glam with Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Glitter. It comes in a mixture of colors, and you can choose the best that goes with your dress.
The ‘Pop’ Look
Now if you are in the mood and want to show color, then you recreate the bubble look with a coloured eyeliner. Try not to overdo this look by pairing it with a dark lipstick. Instead, use a nude or a pale color on your lips.
The ‘Dramatic’ Appeal
To add more drama to your eyes, add fake eyelashes. It can be a bit overwhelming if you are doing it for the first time. But pairing it with the bubble look will let you test two trends at the same time! It is a win-win for you.
If you are a risk-taker, love trying out new looks and enjoy life, then this is the perfect look for you. It is subtle and gives your eye makeup a sharp edge. Have fun with the bubble look!