1. Smoothie Cubes
Craving something sweet in the middle of the night, yet don’t want to have a bulging stomach? Why not try this simple, fast and 100% healthy recipe that is not only delicious but fun as well!
1. Any fruit smoothie made from skimmed milk and fresh fruit such as strawberries, bananas, dates etc.
2. Ice cube tray
3. Thin wooden sticks
Blend a fruit smoothie in a blender, as per your taste. Pour it into an ice cube tray, and freeze them. Insert wooden sticks after 30 minutes, and then remove after 2-3 hours. Enjoy your late night, low-calorie, sweet treat!
2. Tomato and Cottage Cheese Sandwich
If you need a conveniently healthy snack, that is low on not just calories but price too, then check out tomato and cottage cheese sandwich.
1. 2 slices rye, whole wheat or bran bread
2. Thinly cut fresh farmer’s cottage cheese
3. 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine
4. Salt and pepper to taste
Lightly toast both slices of bread, and evenly spread butter or margarine on each side. Layer the cottage cheese and tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with a piping hot cup of tea or coffee.
3. Healthy Trail mix
This is a popular snack in America, which is usually loaded with carbs and sugars. We have substituted it into a much more nutritious snack, fit for the whole family. It is also helpful to lose weight fast if used frequently.
1. ½ cup dark chocolate chips
2. ½ cup walnuts
3. 1/3rd cup roasted pine nuts
4. 1/3rd cup roasted cashew nuts
5. 1/3 cut salted peanuts
6. 1 packet almonds
7. 1 packet low-fat MnM’s
8. 1 cup golden raisins
In a large zip-lock bag, mix all the ingredients together and consume whenever you’re watching your favorite movie at night.
4. Cottage Cheese Marshmallow Ice-cream
Though the name of this recipe sounds fattening, it really isn’t! We have substituted whole milk with cottage cheese, and sugar with low-fat marshmallows. Sit back, relax, and munch on these snacks guilt-free.
1. 1 cup cottage cheese
2. 2 and a half tablespoons of lemon juice
3. Half a teaspoon of pure lemon extract
4. 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
5. Quarter teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
6. 3 tablespoons milk
7. Quarter cup of liquid egg whites
8. 1 cup of marshmallows, low-fat
Blend the cottage cheese, lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, milk and brown sugar in a blender. Once properly blended for at least five minutes, gradually add in the egg whites, and blend again. At this point, the mixture should be light, fluffy and deliciously frothy. Now add in the marshmallows, and mix it using a spatula. Pour the mixture into a jar or tub, and store it in your freezer for at least three-to-four hours. Enjoy with a hot slice of chocolate brownie!
5. Quick and Easy Bread Pizza
Craving pizza but cannot afford the extra calories and carbs? Try this healthier, low-carb and low-calorie alternate, which tastes just as great, if not better. The recipe can be altered around, according to your taste. For instance, you can add pineapple, chicken tikka, creamy chicken or chicken fajita pieces, sweet corn, mushrooms etc.
1. 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread
2. 2 slices of Organic Cheese
3. 2 tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
4. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
5. 1 spring onion
6. 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, pitted
7. Salt and pepper
8. Half of a pepperoni, cut into slices
9. Olive oil
Preheat over to 350 degrees farenheit. Warm two slices of bread in hot oil and garlic, for a minute on each side. When the bread changes color to light golden on each side, remove from pan and coat one side of each slice with tomato ketchup. Follow with the cheese, spring onion, black olives and pepperoni slices. Season with salt and pepper, and grill in oven for 10 minutes, till the cheese has melted and starts to bubble. Enjoy with a glass of coke and lemon!
6. Tangy Indian Boiled Potatoes
This recipe is not only quick and easy, but is also extremely nutritious, and full of vitamins. It can be made easily, as the ingredients are the common ones found in everyone’s kitchen.
1. 2/3 large, organic potatoes
2. 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3. Salt and pepper, as per taste
4. 1 teaspoon chat masala
5. 1 teaspoon garam masala (available easily at Indian stores)
6. Handful of freshly chopped parsley
7. Drizzle of olive oil
Boil the potatoes in salty water, until soft on the inside. Slice them into quarters, without removing their skin. Toss them in the spices, and gradually add in the oil until fully coated. Mix it well, and simply serve!
7. Roasted Honey Carrots
Craving a quick snack, but don’t like vegetables? Try to stay healthy and opt for our baked carrot sticks, which are coated in a honey dressing. This ensures great taste, lots of necessary vitamins, and a good snack to munch on with your favorite movie or TV show. Carrots release a yummy sweet taste once baked, thus this snack is a healthy alternative for kids!
1. 2/3 carrots, peeled
2. 3 tablespoons of olive oil
3. 2 cloves garlic
4. 3 tablespoons low-fat butter
5. 1 teaspoon dried parsley, rosemary
6. Half a teaspoon dried chili flakes
7. 3 tablespoons organic honey
8. Any other seasoning, as per taste and choice
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Slice the carrots into long, half-inch slices, which would be convenient for munching upon. Once evenly sliced, toss them in all the seasonings and butter and lay them on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on top, and allow them to roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on your soft you want them. These can be eaten hot or cold, depending upon taste and choice. Enjoy!
8. Midnight Breakfast in a Mug
We all get different cravings in the middle of the night, which can often be about eggs! So we have come up with a quick and simple recipe, which will satisfy your midnight cravings in a deliciously healthy manner. Enjoy this midnight breakfast snack, which will leave you wanting more! A plethora of various toppings can be added to this snack, as per taste.
1. 2 free range, organic eggs
2. 2 and a half tablespoon of milk
3. 3 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
4. Handful freshly chopped spinach
5. Salt and pepper
6. Can of cooking spray
Cover a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray, and pour in whisked eggs and milk. Beat mixture until fully blended, and add into the mug. Mix in boiled spinach, and microwave this on High setting for 1 minute. Take the mug out, stir and then microwave again for another minute. Add in cheddar cheese and seasonings and then microwave again for another minute, until cheese has fully melted. Enjoy your healthy midnight snack!
9. Dieter’s Delight Hot Cocoa
For those winter nights, one craves a piping hot mug of deliciously smooth and creamy hot chocolate. Fear not, we have come up with a low calorie recipe that is less than 200 calories. This hot cocoa is indeed a dieter’s delight, as it will satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy manner.
1. 1 ounce of dark chocolate, with 90% cocoa
2. 1 tablespoon of unsweetened, low-carb cocoa powder
3. 1 cup low-fat, organic milk
4. 1 tablespoons of brown sugar, packed
5. 1 pinch of kosher salt
Take a small stainless steel saucepan; add the dark chocolate, cocoa powder and half of the milk. Simmer over low heat, and stir continuously, so that the chocolate is completely melted and mixed. Slowly add the remaining milk, and salt, whilst stirring continuously. Stir in sugar, and set aside to cool. Pour into the mug and add in any toppings if desired, such as low-fat marshmallows, nuts or low-fat whipped cream. Sit back and enjoy!
10. Chicken Snack Wrap
- breaded chicken breast, tender frozen
- 1fajita-size tortilla, warmed
- 1ounce monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 1⁄2cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, slice cut in half
- Bake the chicken tender according to any of 5 Crock Pot Recipes in chicken.
- Place in the warmed tortilla.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, rice vinegar and ranch dressing and roll into a wrap.
Above mentioned healthy recipe are not only delicious but also work in night craving. These are easy to use and can prepare at home with minimum time.
Rate This Article
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!