Cocktail is definitely among the most favorite kind of beverages of most of us. People love to drink cocktail along with hot dog toaster owing to its unique taste, delicious flavor and variety of servings.
Initially, a cocktail was the morning time beverage however with the passage of time it got evolved, and nowadays an old fashioned cocktail is the most popular kind of cocktail in our societies. If you are going to have a party for the New Year or Christmas celebrations this year, then you should learn how to prepare old fashioned cocktail.
There are different ways to make old-fashioned cocktail however the few of the most popular methods are given below.
Orange Sliced Old Fashioned Cocktail
The easiest and comfortable way of making the old fashioned cocktail is an orange, sliced old fashioned cocktail. You need to follow these steps.
- In the first step, you need to add a little quantity of bitters of your favorite kind in a glass that looks like the old fashioned simple but elegant glasses.
- The second step is to add some sugar cubes in the bitters to sweeten them up to your required flavor. Add water to make the old fashioned cocktail and stir the mixture unless the ingredients get dissolved finely.
- The third and important step is to pour some whiskey into the glass and then add the ice cubes to chill the cocktail. Cut an elegant piece of orange and place it at the glass corners to prepare the orange sliced old fashioned cocktail correctly. For more garnishing, a cherry can also be added to the liquid. It will help you to make the simplest, but the delicious old fashioned cocktail is having the touch of orange as well.
Traditional Old Fashioned Cocktail
For the preparation of old fashioned cocktail, you need to gather the ingredients like sugar cubes, bitters, soda, whiskey, ice cubes and old fashioned glasses . All these things are easily available in the market.
- So, for the first step you require to add some sugar cubes in an old-fashioned glass. Pour some bitters like the Angostura bitters in the glass. However, you can alternate the bitters and bring the bitters of your choice also. Tangy Indian Boiled Potatoes double the excitement of Whiskey.
- At the second step, after adding a few bitters pour few spoons of soda like club soda. It will bring a super delicious taste to the old fashioned cocktail. For those people who are allergic to club soda or do not like its taste, they can alternate it with simple water and add water in the bitters and sugar cubes. Mix it well with the help of spoon so that all ingredients get mixed equally well with each other. For easy mixing of sugar cubes, you should grind the sugar before or crush it with the help of any wooden or steel spoon so that it may get instantly mixed into the mixture.
- In the final step add some quantity of whiskey of your favorite brand and stir well. Your old fashioned cocktail is now ready, and you can serve it with the stirring spoon to the guests.
The way to make old-fashioned cocktail remains the same however the nature of the ingredients may vary from recipe to recipe.
Many people like Ray whisky while the others go for different brands with snacks in late night . Similarly, many people love to add white sugar while others want to add brown sugar or caster sugar. Some people love to eat creamy chicken while having toast of whisky.
Some want a highly sweetened cocktail while other like a little bit bitter old fashioned cocktail. The additions of bitters also vary from recipe to recipe. People advise Angostura bitters to be suitable for old fashioned cocktail however Cob’s, Curacao’s bitters and many other various famous bitters also work well for the old fashioned cocktail preparation.
Rate This Article