A long, stressful week at work means you need to relax and take some time off for yourself. By taking timing off, we don’t mean wasting it on the couch. After all, a weekend only comes once a week! It is time to go out, cool it down with your friends and maybe indulge in a bit of retail therapy. I understand that after a tiring week, you would want to go for a subtle, yet striking look, something other than smokey eyes, winged eyeliner but calls for attention. The latest trend which is gaining momentum is hollow cat eyes. It is an unusual look, and with practice, you are bound to make an attention-worthy fashion statement. Let me show you how you can twist a classic eyeliner look and still rock it like a pro!
- Always start your makeup with a face primer. Mary Kay, Smash box, and E.L.F have excellent textbooks. Work the primer thoroughly in your eyelid creases, as its job is to fill in the wrinkles to give you a smooth finish. It also makes sure that your makeup does not smudge and lasts a long time.
- Keep your hands steady and use a hands-free mirror to ensure proper eyeliner application. Since it is a twist on a classic look, take a black eyeliner and start applying it.
- Start using the eyeliner of the inside edge of that eyelid, as close as possible to the lash line. Remember, the more you press your eyeliner, the thicker the line will be. So keep a light hand, as you want a thinner line for this look.
- Move till you reach the outer corner of your eye and here, draw a straight line angling up towards the end of your eyebrow.
- With a steady hand, draw a slightly curved line along your eyelid crease. The free end should be thinner. It should be thicker where it joins your upward, exaggerated flick.
- Complete the look with mascara, and you are ready
- Since it is a pretty dramatic look, you can pair it with the minimal makeup of pale pink cheeks and pinky-nude lips.
Less Means MoreIf you do not a risk taker than the classic hollow cat eye might be a bit too much for you. But this doesn’t mean you can’t try that look!
- As always, start off by applying a primer to ensure that your makeup stays on for a long time.
- With a steady hand, start applying your eyeliner, beginning from the inner corner of your eyelid to the outer corner. Keep the line as thin as possible. Do not press the eyeliner as it may thicken the line. LORAC Front of the line PRO liquid liner has a fine tip and gets you the results you want.
- Pick a straight line of the outer edge of your eyelid towards the end of your eyebrows. It does not have to be exaggerated. Rather it should be a smaller flick.
- From the end of your flick, draw a straight line towards the middle of your lash line.
- Keep a cotton bud, dipped in Vaseline, in hand to wipe out any curved lines.
- Since it is not an exaggerated look, you can use a bold color on your lips to compliment your dramatic, yet subtle eyes.
Use a Colored Eyeliner to Fill in the GapMake an eye-catching fashion statement and fill in the hollowed gap with colored eyeliner. Use colors like teal, emerald, and even canary yellow, to bring a pop of color. Compliment your bright eyes with nude lips.
- If you do not have a steady hand, use an eye pencil first and then cover it with the eyeliner. It is easier to rub off an eye pencil than eyeliner.
- Always steady your elbow on a table or sink, in front of the mirror, to create a stable line.
- Practice makes perfect. So be easy on yourself and with time, you will complete this look.
So, hop on the fashion trend train and have fun nailing this attention-grabbing hollow cat eye look!
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!